Solved! HP Probook 450 G2 Not Detecting HDMI Output Port

Nov 26, 2018
Like the title says, my laptop will not detect any HDMI activity. I was trying to setup my new HDTV with it but it won't pick it up. Tried with other HDMI-compatible screens and doesnt pick anything up.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and have done a clean install of Windows and have had no problems with graphics or anything, all my drivers are up to date and functioning correctly except for this. I only have a single display adapter in my device manager "Intel (R) HD Graphics Family". The cable I am using I have been using for years with no issue and it works on other devices. I have reversed the ends and that has not solved the problem. Is there anything else I can do?

Ninja Edit: My Fn keys are also non-functional (but I don't know which driver would fix that) so I do not have access to any of those functions via the keyboard.

Solution

I managed to fix it right before bed last night. I swapped to a different hdmi cable despite that one working with other devices and it worked. These things are fickle as they come. Thanks for your help.
Nov 26, 2018

I have installed it but as it turns out the Fn key for display management is just a glorified Win+P hotkey, so that's a dead-end. Any other suggestions?

Nov 26, 2018

I managed to fix it right before bed last night. I swapped to a different hdmi cable despite that one working with other devices and it worked. These things are fickle as they come. Thanks for your help.

Solution