HP ProBook 4530s Windows XP Graphics Driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrump1599

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hey

I just got a few of these HP 4530s and installed XP on them however the graphics driver won't take. I keep getting the error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements."

It has Service Pack 3 and is Windows XP Pro which is the only requirements I could find for the driver. Does anyone have any ideas why it won't install the graphics driver?

This is the driver I found on HP for the graphics. Graphics Driver

I have even googled and can't find any other ideas or situations where this occurs.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
It gives you that message usually because you do not have the necessary hardware for that driver. The laptops came with 2 different configurations... please verify you have the right laptop build for that driver....

Integrated: Intel® HD Graphics 3000 or Intel® HD Graphics for Celeron
Discrete: AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 512 MB or 1 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory

two different builds for that model.

jdenova007

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
It gives you that message usually because you do not have the necessary hardware for that driver. The laptops came with 2 different configurations... please verify you have the right laptop build for that driver....

Integrated: Intel® HD Graphics 3000 or Intel® HD Graphics for Celeron
Discrete: AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 512 MB or 1 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory

two different builds for that model.

Solution

ccrump1599

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
There were two graphic drivers that were missing but I installed the "AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series" that I believe is the correct one (or so my friend Google says). It took away one of the missing drivers however, it gives me the error:

"No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware."

Thank you for your help. This has been driving me crazy.

ccrump1599

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
After receiving some help from the guys over at the HP forum I got the correct intel driver, they suggested just using the Generic Video Driver (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20611&ProdId=3231&lang=eng). That driver seemed to take care of the missing driver issue.

After uninstalling the ATI driver and examining AMD's website I have come to the conclusion that they don't have the correct driver I need for Windows XP. They have it for Windows 7 and Windows Vista but not XP.

If anyone comes across or happens to know where I might be able to get a driver for this please let me know. For now I am counting this issue as closed.

Thanks for all your help jdenova007!

Aquadig

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hello. I had the same problem but I resolved it.

Open Catalyst Control Center -> preferences standard view -> Energy -> Swichable Graphics Methods -> you have to choose MANUAL.

Then restart and update the drivers

seymur277

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

I had the problem with graphics drivers on HP 4530s LW843EA.

1. Initially I tried driverpack DVD with drivers included. Several attempts were unsuccessfull. After Win 7 fresh installation - install drivers on your own - DONT TRY USING ANY SOFTWARE like Driver genius.

2. When installing graphics for ATI RADEON 6490 - don't install Intel HD drivers which is available on website. This driver is not for this part number. Later You will face the problem with

"No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware." message.

This drivers begin to conflict to each other. remember for LW843EA - only ATI drivers

Hope this helps

Seymur Karimov Baku Azerbaijan

Status
Not open for further replies.