metalforbreakfast

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
Hi guys i'll try to keep this as short as possible.

Basically i think i have the black screen of death.(aka system boots up,fans speening, but screen is black)

I have tried doing the following
-pressing the power button for 30-40 seconds,basically the fix that seems to work for everyone
-switching the ram memory slot
-checking with a flashlight to see if its the display

Now here comes the funny part:
After doing all of the above, it seems that the screen lights up basically...RANDOM!. Sometimes it will work sometimes it won't, and when it finally boots up, the date and time of the laptop is set to a couple days ago(kinda like living in the past). If i try to change the date and time, the time will not work properly and will either fall short or go too fast.

Couldnt find anyone with a similar problem so maybe you guys could help me.

ChumP

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
I don't know it, but the battery costs a few cents, so it's worth trying. Also try to plug the display cable into your onboard graphics, if you have a dedicated card.

ffg7

Splendid
dead\dying battery won't cause the screen going black. battery cost is about $1.50 or higher depending if same as what is used in desktops or if the battery comes with a connector cable. did you remove the main battery when pressing the power button for 30-40 seconds?

metalforbreakfast

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015

Yes and it didnt seem to solve it.

I also changed the battery,and it did infact solve the date and time problem i was having, but the black screen on startup still persists for 10-20 times before i can actually boot the pc.