HP Spectre X2(2017): Blurry Text and Non working Pen

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Today i contacted HP support because i have 2 main issues on the HP Spectre X2(2017):

1) In some applications and even some windows 10 windows i have blurry text. I tried the adjust clear text and it helps a little but that is all. Scaling windows down just makes everything tiny and not visible at all.

2) It seems the pen is not working at all after putting the tip on the screen.Tried a different battery too.

I contacted support and after an hour of superficial tries he determined both problems are because i did a clean install of windows 10 pro. "They only tested it with windows home". I installed again the pen software and checked if windows install installed everything. It seems allf ine including the iris display driver. The monitor has a generic pnp driver? but there are no driver on hp for the monitor.

Help! I dont want to return it and lose all the time i spend getting it ready for work.

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Can it actually be windows 10 pro? I was thinking on formatting and using the licence that came with the computer to install vanilla windows 10 home instead of their bloated recovery.

But somehow i cant see how home vanilla will fix it over windows 10 pro