HP Touchpad Priced & Dated, Others Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Errr... I'm pretty much sure that picture is a Xoom... Or I just travel to an alternate universe where they have the decency to let Palm die??

G

@winterblade

it's a leak of a roadmap not of the product themselves and given either they could plonk a px of an iPad or and android tablet, i guess the xoom works :p

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]winterblade[/nom]Errr... I'm pretty much sure that picture is a Xoom... Or I just travel to an alternate universe where they have the decency to let Palm die??[/citation]

It is a picture of the Xoom. I think Tom's has something in common with Fox News they just slap a picture or video up and hope it's close. No editing or fact checking anymore this site has gone to hell. I guess they don't read the comments daily from people who want to make it better. Let us help already. Starting with getting rid of these damn ads that people post as comments.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
Good prices. I'll take the 10-inch TouchPad, as long as it comes with a passable display. WebOS has a much better UI than iOS or Android.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Uhhh, Ok, I always thought that if you try and get into a market that is owned by a particular product, you come in at a lower price. Nobody really is competing with the 10" tablets with a lower price than APPLE. I would think that if they want to compete with Apple, they would come in with a price of $399.00 for a 10" tablet. I am begining to wonder if the actual cost of the tablet is close to 499 but Apple can afford to sell the IPAD only slightly above cost thinking they will get their money from app sales (something non of the other competetors can do). Sony and Microsoft do the same thing with the PS3 and Xbox 360. I am an Apple hater but I gave up on waiting for a good alternative and went ahead and ordered my IPAD2 because as much as I hate steve jobs, I have to admit, it is the best thing out there.

I guess the one thing that is for sure is that Apple is price protected so you wont get one less than $499, but you might see the HP touchpad go on sale for $350, or $399 someday. I would love to get a touchpad but I just dont know about the future of WebOS. I think it is superior to all others but it hasn't been totally accepted by the public yet.

The Xoom and Galaxy are a joke in trying to compete. Not that the Xoom is a bad product it is just that they think they can come into the market where IPAD is the sole owner and say "where just as good so buy our system .... we will even charge you more". And Samsung came in and said "Hey we can compete in every way in the IPAD, we will even sell you a tablet thats half the size, much slower in terms of efficiency, at the same price as the IPAD". I think the marketing research guys for Motorolla and Samsung should be fired!!!!! These guys have ruined any chance this year for android tablet devices to catch up to Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.