HP TouchPads Fly Off Shelves Thanks to $99 Firesale

Status
Not open for further replies.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]strangely enough its the number one seller on amazon even though their still priced above $300. some people just dont know....[/citation]
if you bought one at the old price you get a refund for the difference.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Now, if someone puts Honeycomb on that sucker, that will be a great day.[/citation]

The problem isn't the os but the slow hardware behind it.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]The problem isn't the os but the slow hardware behind it.[/citation]

after this it will be both now. if you could get android on it then it will be 1000 times worth its price now

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Massive demand for the cut price tablet certainly confirms HP's opinion that the market isn't sufficiently interested in the product offering. That or the price point should have been lower than $500 originally...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]swamprat[/nom]Massive demand for the cut price tablet certainly confirms HP's opinion that the market isn't sufficiently interested in the product offering. That or the price point should have been lower than $500 originally...[/citation]
HP should have had the business model exactly like the console model:
Sell the hardware at a loss to get market penetration: Recoup the money on purchased hardware.
Period.
These would have sold like hotcakes with that, and with a good ecosystem, could have made apple market share evaporate.

pdfsmail

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I found a best buy store in my area that was going to have them in stock Sunday, So I PRE Ordered it only, arrived early in the morning, but they accidentally shipped a 32GB instead of a 16.. and had no 16 GB left. So I got a 32GB for 107$ and change.. nice.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I was a day late... I heard about it sunday and spent a couple hours calling every store in atlanta... everyone sold out saturday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.