HP's "Microsoft Office Starter 2010"

Greggzy

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Hi All,

IT Techy here, looking at a HP Laptop with a copy of Microsoft Office Starter which is running silly slow because of someone installing every toolbar this side of the moon.

As the user doesn't want to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2013 because it's too expensive for her, I want to know that if I was to reinstall windows, would the Microsoft Office Starter still be available to reinstall afterwards? I can't find an answer online so hoping you guys can help.

There is a partition on the laptop called "Microsoft Office Click-To-Install 2010" but it's protected so I can't access it. Not sure if this would stick around provided I didn't format the partition?

Many thanks guys
Matt

Solution
The only way to keep MS office starter is if you have it on Disc from HP, or it is included in their recovery discs/partition.
For Most OEM's, once it's gone, it's gone.

The partition you mention may be that, or a 'trial' of office 2010 which will only last 30-60 days.
You should be able to uninstall the toolbars, or run MAlwarebytes and Hitman pro(both free) to get rid of these,
especially if they came from spyware/malwre unwanted downloads.

jimpz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
The only way to keep MS office starter is if you have it on Disc from HP, or it is included in their recovery discs/partition.
For Most OEM's, once it's gone, it's gone.

The partition you mention may be that, or a 'trial' of office 2010 which will only last 30-60 days.
You should be able to uninstall the toolbars, or run MAlwarebytes and Hitman pro(both free) to get rid of these,
especially if they came from spyware/malwre unwanted downloads.

Solution