Question Issues activating Office 2010 from one computer to another

munnlete

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
I am trying to install and re-activate Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus, from one computer to a new computer. I used jellybean finder to locate the Product ID and CD Key.

I had no problems installing the suite, but when trying to go to Help>Change Product Key and validate the account, I am typing in the product key exactly and I have it, but i get "this is not a valid Office Product Key"

Is this possibly because a) You can't authorize 2010 anymore b) I can't authorize it on one computer while still being authorized on another, c) other? Any help and insight appreciated

munnlete

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
Update, I believe I've found a possible issue. I didn't realize the original installation and product code was for a 32-bit installation of Office (even though the computer was 64-bit)

I will need to try to get a 32-bit installer and go from there.

AlHuneke

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
I'm not sure that's your problem. I'm not sure about the license for 2010, but as I recall that was licenced to a single machine. Whether the license allows you to remove it from one machine and move it, I don't know. You may be able to call MS and get help from them. I know that sometimes helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 2
kaidiat Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
GViktor Laptop Tech Support 1
Beunhaas13 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 2
Ssshahram Laptop Tech Support 1