HTC Already Has Workaround to Avoid the ITC Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
in the end all these licensing fees are passed on to the consumers, majority of whom don't even know they paid for features they will rarely use

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Nice one by HTC.

The "Apple's original complaint alleged infringement on 10 patents, as opposed to just the one that HTC was ultimately found guilty of." part got me thinking: could Apple be suing for no reason other than screwing HTC, I mean, trying to ban their products for no reason? It looks like Apple takes sueing as sort of a business branch.

ntrceptr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
oh no next companies will be sueing over all sorts of ui things. you software has a menu and we came up with menus! Oh lets not forget the icon too. lol.

G

If you cant beat em fair and square, sue em. Isn't that right Apple.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]ntrceptr[/nom]oh no next companies will be sueing over all sorts of ui things. you software has a menu and we came up with menus! Oh lets not forget the icon too. lol.[/citation]
Your phone has a smart operating system! we have had smart operating systems before you! I shall render your phones unusable!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]I just don't see how this qualifies for a patent. It's an obvious application, after all.[/citation]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure every cell phone I've ever had has had this feature. I remember it from text messages with my old siemens, motorola, nokia, ericsson devices...

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
It should be obvious to everyone now that Apple is no longer a tech business. They are a patent troll that hides under the guise of a tech business. They haven't innovated anything in long time, and spend all their time suing other companies and re-releasing their old technology with new names.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Apple is like a 2 year child who whines and sues when they don't get there way. I like how HTC fixes in a day and laughs it off, where apple spends millions of dollars on attorneys over something so stupid.

It looks like Steve Handjobs reign of terror and communism is starting to come to end. Apple is suing ever competitor in a last desperate attempt to save there inferior phone, I mean iPhone.

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
in 2009 the year of modern gpu's i fell in love with tomshardware
now i wish it just die, always portraying apple as superior - apple may be great but they aren't superior to google or microsoft - no one is, BAD "opinion" articles, LATE NEWS, always portraying steve ballmer as some ape - not cool he may have done mistakes but hes still alright he brought us a great win 7, win 7.5 and soon win 8

post PC era my ass..... im looking at you wolfgang!!!!!

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Yeah, I'm pretty sure every cell phone I've ever had has had this feature. I remember it from text messages with my old siemens, motorola, nokia, ericsson devices...[/citation]
Well, the patent was filed in 1996 and granted in 1999. So, unless your phones before then had the feature it doesn't matter.

That said the internet hive-mind has supposedly found prior art from the 1970s or so, so if HTC wanted to get it invalidated, they probably could.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Well actually back in the old BBS days mid 80's (Some might recall =) i made a text reader with a feature just like that ridiculous patent, any mouse clicks over a phone number were passed to a terminal program to dial that number. Still have that source code laying around, maybe ill give that C source code predating the patent to htc to use as a foundation to invalidate crapples infringement claims.

Borisblade7

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Yet another reason i refuse to buy those awful apple products. I'm not gonna support their complete bs lawsuits. You should fight to protect things but the patent system is crap when it comes to software and apple grossly abuses it. Its pathetic and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.