HTC Comments on its Plans for Ice Cream Sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_C

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
.... it would be nice if they released an update for the Sensation - it's only a few months old after all!

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Well, it better not be another nonsense like with that last update where they've pissed everyone off by saying that the update won't fit and then DID make it fit after a while, but enraged a lot of users! :D

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I would be even nicer if they made that Sense UI as a downloadable launcher app, and leave the phones with plain vanilla Android. That should be the norm.

G

As a Sensation User, I have tried various Mods, but keep coming back to Sense UI, Sense 3 is the best overlay I have used. I will try other ICS Roms when avaliable, but will probably come back to HTC Sense ICS when released!

Kurz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]They should call the next one Apple Pie.[/citation]
They go by the Alphabet, Next OS codename will start with a J.(Jelly Bean).

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Ditch Sense.
ICS can stand on its own..

[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]They should call the next one Apple Pie.[/citation]
It has to start with "J".
I'd say Jelly Doughnut , but they used Doughnut already.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Well, it better not be another nonsense like with that last update where they've pissed everyone off by saying that the update won't fit and then DID make it fit after a while, but enraged a lot of users![/citation]
Um, I think maybe 'enraged' you. Everyone else was generally OK with it. They got the updates out reasonably quickly. Maybe you easily enrage?

G

sense ui is just needless extras. they should make it optional, have a build with sense and one without and let the user choose which they want and it is known that phones with sense perform worse than phones with plain android.

G

How would Apple Pie follow?

Android versions:
1.5 - Cupcake
1.6 - Donut
2.0/2.1 - Eclair
2.2 - Froyo
2.3 - Gingerbread
3.x - Honeycomb
4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich
?? - Jelly Bean

Notice the starting letters for each name (C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, ...).

the1pro

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
Drop it (together with all of the bloatware)
Leave only the good stuff (dialer, social integration, widgets, and -maybe- colorful icons)
How hard can it bee?
Is it worth to hinder an ICS port? Or the performance cost?

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Jackfruit (tropical fruit)
Jaffa Cakes
Jaffa orange
Jalapeno peppers
Jalebi (Indian fried sweet)
Jam
Jambalaya
Jameed (Jordanian cheese/yogurt)
Java coffee
Jawbreakers
Jellied eels
Jelly (or jam) doughnuts
Jellybeans
Jellyfish
Jerusalem artichoke
Jibneh Arabieh cheese
Jike (a Chinese dish)
Jubes
Juice
Juniper Berry Oil

G

Jalapeno or Jelly Bean, the only reasonable options from your list.

G

I hope my Desire upgrade to ICS without Sense. The Sense make the system so lag.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Dyseman[/nom]Jackfruit (tropical fruit) Jaffa Cakes Jaffa orange Jalapeno peppers Jalebi (Indian fried sweet) Jam Jambalaya Jameed (Jordanian cheese/yogurt) Java coffee Jawbreakers Jellied eels Jelly (or jam) doughnuts Jellybeans Jellyfish Jerusalem artichoke Jibneh Arabieh cheese Jike (a Chinese dish) Jubes Juice Juniper Berry Oil[/citation]

Nice list. I used to eat jawbreakers all the time as kid. I haven't had one of those in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.