Feb 17, 2013
Go for the HTC One V

Much better choice.

Heres a comparison:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4575&idPhone2=4805
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un68Sj8k01E
http://smartphones.techcrunch.com/compare/35-248/HTC-Desire-vs-HTC-One-V

Comparison : http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5322&idPhone2=4575

Lumia-520 Technologically Better phone But I would still prefer Android as OS and thousand of its great Apps. HTC Desire V Or HTC One V both good, you cant go wrong with either but I concentrated on the multimedia aspects (Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon with Adreno 205) style and decided HTC One V. Thanks
url]

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
@imomun, the links you posted are invalid except the first one.

The YouTube comparison is between the One V and Desire C, and the TechCrunch link is a comparison between the One V and the original Desire.

@OP, the Desire V is the way to go, imho. Personally I have a Desire Z (G2 in the States). The Desire line by HTC is their premium lineup of products.

The only major difference between the Desire V and One V is that the One V's camera has a few more features.

The Desire V has a better battery which can be removed and replaced in the future (the battery in the One V is permanent and can't be removed). It's also got a dual SIM. The phone itself is slightly lighter than the One V as well.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

The reason im considering the One V is because i heard that the Desire V doesnt perform well in browsing the web...

My other option is the Nokia Lumia 520, but i dont know much about windows on phones... The main advantage of Android is app ability and customization.

How is the Lumia 520? It has a 4'' display and a dual-core 1Ghz processor so spec wise, it is superior to the HTC phones and is cheaper!

http://www.grabmore.in/products/12808950/Nokia-Lumia-520-White.html

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

Can the HTC Desire V record 720p video? I also like the looks of the Desire V more. I need to know how much better the One V is better than the Desire V! I have a Samsung Galaxy Y and Ace and they both hang! I hate phones when the hang! So i need to choose between the One V and the Desire V.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
The Desire V can't record HD unfortunately. If you want a good camera, go with the One V.

Also, Windows phones are garbage. In my opinion, at least. They're almost as bad as the i(diot)Phone by Apple. The UI is counter intuitive and incredibly unappealing. It also majorly lacks in customization abilities.

Desire V: replaceable battery, dual SIM, lightweight.
One V: permanent battery, good camera, heavy.

I'd suggest simply weighing the pros against the cons and make your decision from there. Check the GSM arena link from imomun above for a side by side comparison if you like.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

The One V is heavier so the build is better?

Lunatasian

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Sorry Apanzee, but I don't think that you're looking at the specs of these phones. He wants this phone for multimedia purposes, and an overall better experience. In that case, the One V has much more horsepower with the MSM8255 Snapdragon processor and an Adreno 205 GPU, compared to the Desire with a first gen MSM7227A processor and an Adreno 200 GPU which, in other words, is junk. The Adreno 205 performs 2 or more times as well as the Adreno 200.

Hope I helped!
Tell me how it goes!

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

For listening to music and watching movies, either phone is a good option. Hell I watch seamless high def on my HTC Desire Z (G2) which is 3 years old now. Imho, it boils down to whether the cons of the device outweigh the pros. If OP doesn't care about the weight or other physical factors, I'd say get the One V just for the additional camera features.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

I need a phone to listen to music and watch movies and browse the internet. I also might play games like temple run or angry birds. So specs dont really matter. If the phone can browse internet smoothly and play games easily without any freezing, ill be happy with it.

If it was i computer, id worry about the specs, but because it a phone, i really dont care. I need a phone that can match my needs :)

Since the One V has the better camera and that now the looks have grown on me and that it is cheaper, I think i wll go with that one.

What other options do i have? What other brands or models that can compete with the One V at around the same price?

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

The only other option i have is the Sony Xperia J but it is about $20 more expensive than the One V.

The One X is Rs.30000 which is about $550 so way out of my price range

The other option i have is the Samsung Galaxy S Duos.

surajmittal

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
I think you should go for HTC One V. It comes with 3.7-inch TFT Capacitive touchscreen,1Ghz procesor, 512MB RAM, 4GB storage ,5-MP Autofocus camera, LED flash, 720p video ,Android 4.0 ICS, HTC Sense 4.0 UI,Bluetooth+A2DP, WiFi, 3G, A-GPS, WiFi hotspot, USB 2.0.Just grab it.