HTC m9 Alarm Volume Keeps Resetting Itself to Silent

chudlerk

Estimable
Mar 6, 2017
Hello,

Recently I've had the issue on my phone where the alarm volume setting sets itself to zero. When I go to Settings -> Sound & Notification -> Volumes, the Alarm volume (and only the alarm volume) is set to zero. If I manually move it back to max volume, it stays that way until my alarm goes off the next morning, after which it promptly sets itself to zero again.

I've attempted to uninstall all apps I added since the problem started, but that did no fix my issue.

I have an HTC One m9 running Android 6.0

Have you gone into the settings for the alarm itself and checked it?

Not the main system settings, but in the "Clock" then "Alarms", tap the individual alarm you have set and check its settings.

If the volume is wrong in there, it will keep resetting itself.

chudlerk

Estimable
Mar 6, 2017

I don't have an option to set the volume when I tap on an individual alarm.

If I go to "Clock" and then tap on the tree dots in the upper right I get an option to go to "Settings". I then have an option to set Alarm Volume, but it is synced to whatever I have set in the main system Settings -> Sound & Notification -> Volumes option.

There is an option to set the volume. You should have the options for Time, Alarm Repeat, Alarm Type, Alarm Tone, Alarm Volume, Snooze and Name. If it isn't showing after the alarm is created, which some phones do sadly do that, try recreating the alarm. It should be there in the creation options.

chudlerk

Estimable
Mar 6, 2017

Nope. As I said before, there is no option for Alarm Volume. Not even when I try to make a new one.

Here is the screen I see:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Android Smartphones 0
L Android Smartphones 1
matledsf Android Smartphones 2
D Android Smartphones 3
DJFiefs Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 3
B Android Smartphones 2
V Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
2 Android Smartphones 1