HTC One 2015 Specs Leaked: Finally, a Beefed Up Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Sounds like an excellentr, well rounded smartphone. Can't wait to see it.

Flame comment edited out by moderator. - G

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
20 megapixels does not imply quality.
It doesn't imply lack of quality either. That's what testing is for. All else remaining equal a higher pixel count can be beneficial - if done right (see Nokia). So it's quite impossible to pass judgment at this point in time. :D

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
I wish the camera was a single 8 Ultrapixel with OIS, instead of 20 Megapixel. Sounds like HTC caved in to those who assume more is better.

The 4 Ultrapixel shooter in my One M8 isn't bad, but that useless extra depth camera meant no OIS.

zakmckracken

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Umm, your camera specs for the One M8 are incorrect. The two rear cameras are the 4 MP Ultrapixel, and a 2.1 MP camera ("for depth"). The front facing "selfie" camera is a 5 MP (not 2.1 as you stated - that's one of the two rear-facing cameras).

The rear-facing camera setup is okay. I wish it had been an 8MP Ultrapixel camera with OIS, rather than the two camera setup. 20MP isn't needed, but if it does come, and is a quality camera choice (Sony?), I'd gladly take it over the duo cam.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
The 4MP Ultra Pixel sized pixels was awesome. If they could of just enlarged the sensor large enough to keep the ultra pixels the same size (2.0um i believe) but up the resolution to 8MP as well as upgraded mechanical OIS It would probably be the best camera.

Low light performance should be the number 1 consideration. Since more often then not when you want to take a random spur of the moment picture lighting isn't usually the best set up.

lip008

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I thought I posted this....wonder if it was removed.

I'd like to see the ''engineering process'' improve to where they're able to remove the black HTC bar at the bottom. Grow the display or shrink the device but M8 is such a large device for the screen size.

Jay Liu

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
Looks like the same old crap. HTC build quality is nowhere near the level of hype, especially when some people tout it as the android answer to apple. I have a few friends with m8, the vast majority want to go back to iPhone, and the only one sticking with it is a Taiwanese guy insistent on everything Taiwanese lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.