HTC One X, EVO 4G LTE Held at Customs Over ITC Ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Not a big deal, but one which will get the haters all fired up about how evil Apple is.

The phones will get checked, found they're OK, and will be on their way in a few days tops. This is just a procedural issue, that's all. Since Apple won a case against HTC last year, it was bound to happen (shipments stopped for a check before resuming to their destination).

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
This feature was around loooooooooooooong before the iphone. It wild how many officials are for sale, or just plain ignorant to technology. The case should have been laughed out of court.

G

Corporate sponsored elected officials will delay as long as they keep getting paid.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
If i lived in the US i would be pissed off. I would call my local politicians and ask why this is allowed to happen. Frivolous patents and products held up because of this.

All the best, the One x is a beautiful phone.

phump

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
[citation][nom]jackbling[/nom]This feature was around loooooooooooooong before the iphone. It wild how many officials are for sale, or just plain ignorant to technology. The case should have been laughed out of court.[/citation]

It's not even a feature! It's basically copy-paste, without showing you the intermediary steps. There's no other way to do it on a phone that shows the number on the same screen you would use to input it.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
This is crazy. How can anyone patent something like this? I am so glad i don't live in the US. US is killing itself with patent trolls companies like Apple.Which reminds me again, i'll never buy an Apple product. Good thing Steve Jobs is rotting in Hell now.

hero1

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Shame, that's all I got to say and I own an iPhone 4. This kills the competition and if it carries on like this then we'll have no other alternatives. Google needs to step up and do something or they'll soon lose Android partners to Microsoft!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I like Apple fine but this is stupid to me and Apple doesn't need to patent troll like I think they've been doing. The HTC One X is a beautiful phone (if Android is your thing) and it's a shame any delay happens where it's concerned.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"tap a phone number in an email or on a website and bring up an option to dial that number."

That's nothing but a variation of a hyperlink.
Nothing 'new, and certainly nothing that should EVER be patentable by anyone with the prob. exception of Vannevar Bush.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I'm surprised, this is actually a patent held by Apple? If so then my BlackBerry should be in danger too...[/citation]
Apple doesn't care about RIM as they're not a threat or competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.