HTC Tells Apple to Compete and Stop Complaining

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aft_lizard01

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
[citation][nom]scrumworks[/nom]HTC makes the ugliest and cheapest looking phones on the planet. Other than that, Apple should stop making patent disputes because its actually them, who steal much more so HTC has a point.[/citation]
Ugliest or cheapest? That's a matter of personal taste I suppose..of course I am not a girl who looks for a fashion accessory. I personally wouldn't consider my Evo to be ugly or cheap..and the Sense UI is out of this world. The battery life sucks badly though.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
This is whats happening here kids. Apple is sue happy because many of their innovations are being copied and the lawsuits are not really what has already happened....copying of Apple hardware/OS but what will happen in the future. Winning these lawsuits will help prevent continued copying of future Apple products. This is the main reason Apple closely guards its next gen hardware/software!

So yall HTC fans buy their cell phones but I am sticking to US company...Apple!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]This is whats happening here kids. Apple is sue happy because many of their innovations are being copied and the lawsuits are not really what has already happened....copying of Apple hardware/OS but what will happen in the future. Winning these lawsuits will help prevent continued copying of future Apple products. This is the main reason Apple closely guards its next gen hardware/software! So yall HTC fans buy their cell phones but I am sticking to US company...Apple![/citation]
Gotta wonder who is gonna stop Apple from copying others then, since the tablet is not their idea, the mp3 player is not their idea, they copy and steal as much as any other company.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I love apple haters.. So amusing to see children bashing what they don't have or understand.. Good Job Apple.. Get HTC good.. Perhaps they will start to release a phone that actually does something right, instead of just trying to throw as many specs as they can into the shape of a phone.. Yeah... so HTC... slow your role, and the arrogance. You might wanna claim your so super bad ass.. but insulting the largest tech company in the world? Yeah, your soo cool now. And for those reading into HTC's stunt as anything less than a shoddy marketing ploy... Don't be such tools. They are after your money.. Not your friendship. They aren't standing up for the little man, or for any other super cool touchy feelie emotion, or for justice... They want to try and leverage the market against apple in a childish way, so that way they have more room to bulldoze the market in their direction, and get.... dun dun dun...your wallet. And in my own personal opinion, your dignity too.

aft_lizard01

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]I love apple haters.. So amusing to see children bashing what they don't have or understand.. Good Job Apple.. Get HTC good.. Perhaps they will start to release a phone that actually does something right, instead of just trying to throw as many specs as they can into the shape of a phone.. Yeah... so HTC... slow your role, and the arrogance. You might wanna claim your so super bad ass.. but insulting the largest tech company in the world? Yeah, your soo cool now. And for those reading into HTC's stunt as anything less than a shoddy marketing ploy... Don't be such tools. They are after your money.. Not your friendship. They aren't standing up for the little man, or for any other super cool touchy feelie emotion, or for justice... They want to try and leverage the market against apple in a childish way, so that way they have more room to bulldoze the market in their direction, and get.... dun dun dun...your wallet. And in my own personal opinion, your dignity too.[/citation] Speaking of dignity..do you know where yours went? No where in your screed did you post a single intelligible thought. I suggest Apple fans and all fan boys alike stop being fools..go with whats best for you and stop looking like internet idiots who can not spell to save their own lives.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Hahah. Love all the haters in here because it's going to make saying this even sweeter:

The latest from the ITC as of Friday is that they decided in favor of Apple on 2 of the patents. HTC, of course, says they will appeal but this is a big blow to them no matter how they spin it.

First HTC has to pay Microsoft royalties on every Android phone because of MS technology used in Android. Now it looks like HTC will be paying Apple as well.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]I love apple haters.. So amusing to see children bashing what they don't have or understand.. Good Job Apple.. Get HTC good...blah blah blah.[/citation]

Nothing amuses me more than some leg humping Apple pantywaste make snide comments about people who are smart enough to not lick Steve Jobs' ass and buy overpriced, over hyped, over marketed, and under performing proprietary crap. Like the idiot tree humping libtards who think their farts don't smell as Prius owners, Apple humpers think they are the smartest people in the world and know better than everyone else.

Entertaining to say the least. Don't even quit, Apple ladies.

idono

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
[citation][nom]aft_lizard01[/nom]Speaking of dignity..do you know where yours went? No where in your screed did you post a single intelligible thought. I suggest Apple fans and all fan boys alike stop being fools..go with whats best for you and stop looking like internet idiots who can not spell to save their own lives.[/citation]

Seriously! Where did you get that apple is the biggest tech company in the world? They making alot of money but far from even being close to the biggest. IBM in my eyes will allways be considered the biggest because they are the ones that stand behind many of the worlds tech breaktroughs. Apple is just a piece of shite company with a verry gullable userbase that through cash at Apple while screaming "Here take my cash! just give me my new iphone"

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]aft_lizard01[/nom]Speaking of dignity..do you know where yours went? No where in your screed did you post a single intelligible thought. I suggest Apple fans and all fan boys alike stop being fools..go with whats best for you and stop looking like internet idiots who can not spell to save their own lives.[/citation]

Boy is my face red! You got me good there brother man. Maybe you should also throw in a "u mad bro." and continue the unoriginal statement of yours. Anyway.. Where did mine go? Apparently not the way of marketing and of elitest enthusiasts that are concerned with absolutely nothing but specs specs specs, and basically nothing else. If you can't see the value in something Apple makes, or understand why they would obviously protect something they feel they own. Or, since you can't seem to understand basic english without throwing in a pathetic jab... The way yours, apparently, went. And also, it's funny to see you insult Apple, and then in the next breath say to go with whats best for you.. When, in the right situation or field, Apple, is, the best. But bravo to you man. I'm so totally put in my place!! Yawn. Tool. Oh, and also... don't bash one person, or anyone for making grammar/spelling errors.. Until you can do the same yourself brother man. Just saying

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Hahah. Love all the haters in here because it's going to make saying this even sweeter:The latest from the ITC as of Friday is that they decided in favor of Apple on 2 of the patents. HTC, of course, says they will appeal but this is a big blow to them no matter how they spin it.First HTC has to pay Microsoft royalties on every Android phone because of MS technology used in Android. Now it looks like HTC will be paying Apple as well.[/citation]

WOOT! Justice tastes sweet! >:)

[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]Nothing amuses me more than some leg humping Apple pantywaste make snide comments about people who are smart enough to not lick Steve Jobs' ass and buy overpriced, over hyped, over marketed, and under performing proprietary crap. Like the idiot tree humping libtards who think their farts don't smell as Prius owners, Apple humpers think they are the smartest people in the world and know better than everyone else. Entertaining to say the least. Don't even quit, Apple ladies.[/citation]

You and aft_lizard should be real good BFFs and stuff. "Fo Sho" ;P

[citation][nom]idono[/nom]Seriously! Where did you get that apple is the biggest tech company in the world? They making alot of money but far from even being close to the biggest. IBM in my eyes will allways be considered the biggest because they are the ones that stand behind many of the worlds tech breaktroughs. Apple is just a piece of shite company with a verry gullable userbase that through cash at Apple while screaming "Here take my cash! just give me my new iphone"[/citation]

Where did I get that info? Le sigh... Look it up man. And just to clarify in case your definition of "biggest tech company" is something other than mine... I mean it only in regards to company worth. But yes, once again, look it up. They are.. Kinda sad when elitists hate them so much... And they are, so far, untouchable.

Once again, Eric, thanks for that info. Glad to hear they won :D

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
iPhone=idiotPhone

The idiotPhone is geared towards idiots that are too dumb to figure out how to turn on a computer and make something work without attempting to do it themselves.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]iPhone=idiotPhoneThe idiotPhone is geared towards idiots that are too dumb to figure out how to turn on a computer and make something work without attempting to do it themselves.[/citation]

Thank you for proving my point. :) All you haters out there... Keep hatin' and I'll keep on trollin' :)

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Comon Crapple stop lawsuits and get something new once in your life... Love HTC and DIE APPLE !!! I would use Apple's iPad2s as a carpet for covering my floor ...

G

samsung and htc are copycat bitch ! korean and taiwanese are stupid !

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
HTC shares dropped 6.5% Monday after the weekend's news about ITC finding they infringed 2 of Apple's patents. HTC is now saying they are going to buy back shares to stem the drop.

Not a good weekend for HTC, that's for sure.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]I was at the 58th ST Apple store just 3 days ago. There were so many zealots in there they were like ...and the most pathetic thing is that, there is a LINE JUST for people buying iPads ... and it's always filled with people 24 hours a day, it's like they're lining up to hand their hard earned cash for a Pathetic Device/to Apple ... This is how sad this world has become.[/citation]

I don't fully agree with your view, I do own an iPad and it has generated money for me as a tool. But its the only Apple product I ever bought and *I* still hate iTunes. And I am against the lawsuits that Apple is doing against HTC, Samsung, etc... its plain stupid.

Look at it this way... Apple controls the market... people are STILL in lines to get new models / whatever. Meanwhile, there is dust settling on Playbooks, TouchPads and most other Android tablet devices.

There isn't a SINGLE Android or WP7 device that LOOKS like an iPhone. 1, 3 or 4.... so its STUPID.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Apple should go suck a phat one, and disband their crappy company. i do not want to pay 83-110.3% more for the 'same' hardware, in a windows equivilant.

getritch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]maddad[/nom]
but I notice there were not any Iphone type cell phones until after it was released. Then everyone else started releasing there copies (i mean their Iphone killers). There were not any Ipad type devices until after the Ipad was released and then everybody started releasing there copies ( I mean their Ipad killers). [/citation]

Not trying to start an argument, just saying this specifically isn't true. Tablets have been around since the 90s. Check out this video.
http://www.knightfoundation.org/blogs/knightblog/2010/4/28/back-to-the-future-the-tablet-pre-ipad/

skip to about 3 mins and there you'll see a feature on tablets.

As for phones...what was a palm pilot? an Ipad with worse technology. cell radios werent small enough or power efficient enough to stick in them, but most people with a palm pilot had a beeper too.

Apple is WAY behind the curve in terms of innovation, but i will admit they're light years ahead in marketing.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
The same thing is going on with Samsung. Apple wants all Galaxy based products banned because they "feel" like Apples products. The truth is that they are afraid that those products will kill theirs.

My boss just got the Galaxy S 2, not even out here in the US yet, and that thing is insane. He upgraded from his iPhone 4. Its lighter yet has a larger screen, better processor, camera, memory everything.

It really puts the iPhone in a place of old and obsolete. Thats why Apple doesn't want these things out there. They know that the iPhone 5 will be barley catching up to the current gen that is out from everyone else and it will eat into their market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.