HTC vive and monitor

nawabkhan_u

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
Iam new to vr platform.so I have some doubt.
I have gaming pc with gtx 1070.the monitor and HTC vive is connected to the two HDMI ports of my gtx1070.
That means the GPU running both displays at the same time. if gtx 1070 runs the game at 90 fps then the 45 fps delivers to the monitor connected to the first HDMI port and 45 fps to the HTC vive.am I right?
If it's right it means the monitor leads to the drops of fps to the HTC vive.
Can we avoid this bottle neck?

Solution
No, the monitor doesn't add noticeable load for the graphics card. It's just the same rendered image(s) outputted to the monitor in a slightly different form. The Vive is still getting 90FPS.

nawabkhan_u

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nawabkhan_u : "Vive and monitor"

Iam new to vr platform.so I have some doubt.
I have gaming pc with gtx 1070.the monitor and HTC vive is connected to the two HDMI ports of my gtx 1070.
That means the GPU running both displays at the same time. if gtx 1070 runs the game at 90 fps then the 45 fps delivers to the monitor connected to the first HDMI port and 45 fps to the HTC vive.am I right?
If it's right it means the monitor leads to the drops of fps to the htc vive.
Can we avoid this bottle neck?

adamscurr

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I don't know technically that it works, but I can say from experience that I have a monitor running at 1080p and my vive in the second HDMI slot on my gtx 1080 and it runs fine. I've even run it to my TV before out of the HDMI on the motherboard using a duplicate image from the GPU. While this did not seem to make a bit of difference to the Vive, it did slow down standard games because they kept trying to render with the CPU's integrated gpu instead of the GTX... :)

Adam