HTC VIVE - System Requirement Tool on website says my PC can't run it??

JBMonkey

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Hi,

I wanted to purchase the HTC Vive. I went to the website to learn about it and they have a tool to download and checks system to make sure it meets min system requirements. I just tried it and it said my PC is NOT ready because my CPU is insufficient.

Does anyone have experience with this and what do you think about using it with my system? My specs are below.

Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
i7-6700K 4GHz Quad-Core
G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card
EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Thank you for any help!!

Solution
i have the 6700k and an oculus rift, i can assure you it runs great, must be some mistake with the software. The 6700k is still a strong cpu and i wont be upgrading mine anytime soon.

jimboraver77

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
i have the 6700k and an oculus rift, i can assure you it runs great, must be some mistake with the software. The 6700k is still a strong cpu and i wont be upgrading mine anytime soon.

Solution

JBMonkey

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014

@jimboraver77, @Captdonno

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!! Sorry for the laggy reply but I do appreciate it!

You guys were totally right, after a couple weeks of no email reply. I spoke to HTC online chat and they also said my specs were MORE THAN CAPABLE to handle it.

@captdonno..... yep I did ask "whats up with the tool, why did it say that".... there was no answer just a "Is that all I can help you with"

THANKS GUYS

JBMonkey

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014

@jimboraver77, @Captdonno

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!! Sorry for the laggy reply but I do appreciate it!

You guys were totally right, after a couple weeks of no email reply. I spoke to HTC online chat and they also said my specs were MORE THAN CAPABLE to handle it.

@captdonno..... yep I did ask "whats up with the tool, why did it say that".... there was no answer just a "Is that all I can help you with"

THANKS GUYS