HTPC box; case recommendations?

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Hey everyone-

Building an HTPC box with an older Core2Quad and ATX board...I'd like a nice, presentable HTPC case...any suggestions? Obviously, ATX board means mITX and microATX are out, but I still want something compact and good looking. No real budget here, but would like to keep it under $150, but I'll entertain anything as long as the price justifies the features and looks.

Thanks.

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
I was looking for actual recommendations from people on specific cases they recommend, if anyone had any. I try to take online reviews and ratings with a grain of salt because there isn't much interaction when you want to find specific information on why someone rated a product a specific way. I've seen plenty of reviews that were poor simply due to someone not being well-informed or knowledgeable in what they were getting. I've also seen plenty of reviews that were very high due to someone with lower technical knowledge rating something that was more than they needed, but would actually not meet requirements of what you might be seeking.