Huawei P8 Lite touchscreen does not respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy91

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hi everyone,

So i have a Huawei P8 Lite and have a problem with my display, it does not respond to touch, the hardware buttons DO work but the screen itself does not respond to anything when it comes to touching it.
Meanwhile the screen has been replaced with a new one and the problem is still present!
So changing the display (digitizer and everything) did not fix the issue which is very weird??
The hardware buttons work (turning the device on/off and volume rockers)
What i can say is that obviously the display gets power from the battery but the touchscreen itself doesn't work while it's replaced.
Is it the motherboard having issues or?
Any that can help me out with this problem please?

Solution
Have you checked to make sure the screen lock isn't turned on? Also, it could be the sensitivity settings.

If it is not either of those, then it could be something on the device that is hindering it working (software/app). To see if that was the problem you would have to try starting the device in "Safe Mode". If you can do things when in "Safe Mode" then it is something on the phone. If you can't use the touch screen, even then (or to even get into "Safe Mode") you may have to do a "Hard Reset". However, I would save that for last, as you would lose everything on the phone when you used it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers...
Have you checked to make sure the screen lock isn't turned on? Also, it could be the sensitivity settings.

If it is not either of those, then it could be something on the device that is hindering it working (software/app). To see if that was the problem you would have to try starting the device in "Safe Mode". If you can do things when in "Safe Mode" then it is something on the phone. If you can't use the touch screen, even then (or to even get into "Safe Mode") you may have to do a "Hard Reset". However, I would save that for last, as you would lose everything on the phone when you used it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.