Solved! Huawei tablet won't charge unless I plug charger in and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2019
My Huawei tablet won't charge, I know its not the charger because I used it for my phone and it still works, but if I use it on my tablet it won't charge, the only way I managed to charge it was by plugging in the charger and then restarting the tablet but it charges slower.
Is this something I can fix or should I replace the charging port ot the tablet itself?
The model is a MediaPad T3 10

Solution
It could be the port has a problem, it could be that the battery is going bad. Additionally, it could be that something you are running on the tablet (or is running) is draining the power which is causing the charging to be slow.

You can try starting it up in "Safe Mode" (instructions below) and see if it charges faster in there (and without the restart). If it does, the you have something on the table (virus, malware, bad app, etc.) that is the problem. However if it acts the same in "Safe Mode" and won't charge quickly, or requires you power off and back on, then I would look into it being the battery that is the problem next.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold...
It could be the port has a problem, it could be that the battery is going bad. Additionally, it could be that something you are running on the tablet (or is running) is draining the power which is causing the charging to be slow.

You can try starting it up in "Safe Mode" (instructions below) and see if it charges faster in there (and without the restart). If it does, the you have something on the table (virus, malware, bad app, etc.) that is the problem. However if it acts the same in "Safe Mode" and won't charge quickly, or requires you power off and back on, then I would look into it being the battery that is the problem next.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Jun 26, 2023

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Thanks for this info, one thing, to get out of safe mode I had to use volume up button, and the logo page wasn't the one with the flower on.

Status
Not open for further replies.