Huawei X Pro crash - won't boot

Aug 6, 2018
So I have had a Huawei Matebook X Pro i7 for about a month now.
Today it started randomly not responding to peripheral inputs for 5 seconds or so at a time and then came up with a blue screen error and crashed.

When it eventually booted up again it couldn't log into my user account (even though it was signing me in with my name and fingerprint) so I couldn't access any of my files.
Tried a few logout/log in cycles and reboots, disk scans to no avail.

At which point I've decided a factory reset might be my only option but it won't even open the settings menu or chrome before shutting every window a few seconds later.
I've shut it down and now when I try to power on it shows up the Huawei logo (no spinning 'loading' symbol or any suggestion that anything is happening) for about 10 seconds before turning off and looping like this forever. I have a win10 install on a flash drive but can't enter the BIOS or anything in this boot screen.

Please help

Solution
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here...
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Another version of this is the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
4. To fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
7. Your computer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".

NOTE: If you get a message saying "Error Resetting Device", then you should have the computer looked at by the manufacturer (if still under warranty) or by a tech.

Solution
Sep 8, 2018
Just started experiencing the same thing.. this is after I upgraded to bios version 1.17... I'm now stuck in an endless reboot and cant get past the Huawei logo at boot screen...

Somebody please help...

Sep 8, 2018
I seem to be able to boot into BIOS by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del during boot.. but got a message saying "No Boot Devices", and in the BIOS menu under "Bootable Device" also shows nothing..

I'm now suspecting that the BIOS upgrade to 1.17 might have killed my laptop...

Sep 8, 2018

Your SSD might be dead.. that's what happened to mine, if you have the LiteOn SSD they are defective, I've opened up the back and replaced mine with a Samsung NVMe 250GB SSD.

Sep 20, 2018

Wow... That's a bummer. Had it for 14 days....

Oct 10, 2018
I have exactly same issue - it just keeps continuously restarting itself and never getting further than just displaying the Huawei logo - seems impossible to get into the bios even, and none of the special key combinations work - cannot get into bios, cannot access the setup menu, or the boot from USB menu - of the did anyone get a better answer than the SSD is dead??