HP G62
Core i3 M330 2.13GHz
4GB DDR3
Intel iGPU
Radeon HD5430
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
320GB HDD

Problem environment:
Fresh Windows 7 installation on brand new HDD.
Computer has just been cleaned (which made it so much more silent).
Hard Drive is formatted with NTFS.
Computer Management->Diagnostics-Performance: TONS of warnings:
http://speedy.sh/3rjvz/data.evtx

PROBLEM:
Cold / warm booting takes:
30s from pressing the power button until the bootscreen dissapears

21 SECONDS LONG BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR
I can move the pointer around, but I have no idea what this computer is doing during this period.

11 seconds from when the Welcome screen appears until the desktop is fully loaded

Questions:
What is happening to this computer? Why does it have that huge delay with the black screen on?
I mention I tried booting with the bare minimum and the black screen is still there.
I tried disabling the network connections - no change.
I have updated the drivers and the whole Windows installation to the very last update and the latest I could get through Windows Update.

No special software installed - Bitdefender, Malwarebytes and the typical browsers, skype, Google Earth...

How could I fix this issue?
I should mention I see this happening on a different laptop with brand new Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installation (PC: i7, 6GB DDR3, Radeon HD, 500gb HDD - Lenovo G500).

Solution
You have checked startup programs in msconfig right? =>

Start>msconfig>run as admin> Startup> enable only what you need
Also while you are in msconfig go to the boot tab and check 'No GUI boot'

tambeshakunt

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
You have checked startup programs in msconfig right? =>

Start>msconfig>run as admin> Startup> enable only what you need
Also while you are in msconfig go to the boot tab and check 'No GUI boot'

Solution

alex_MTR

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014

Thank you for replying and taking your time to help me. Yes, I have checked everything out in msconfig - I disabled everything but the black screen is still there. Entering Safe Mode also brings a black screen with the cursor between the screen where everything loaded is being displayed and the welcome screen.

There is a difference, though : in Safe Mode the black screen lasts less (safe mode without networking, btw).