Hulu has background sounds but no voices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2018
I have a philips 4khd smart tv and have it hooked up to my Xbox one to watch Hulu. Hulu is playing video and all the background sounds like music and birds chirping but has no voices. I’ve checked my settings on Hulu, the Xbox, and the tv, and Netflix is working fine on the Xbox. I’ve tried fixes to similar problems that came up on my google search but nothing has worked so far.

Solution

Have you figured this out? I just had the same problem and I solved it by going to xbox setting, Display and sound... And right now it is prolly set on your headset. Change that to Stereo Uncompressed, That should do the trick.
Oct 4, 2018

Have you figured this out? I just had the same problem and I solved it by going to xbox setting, Display and sound... And right now it is prolly set on your headset. Change that to Stereo Uncompressed, That should do the trick.

Reactions: Msdestero
Solution
Mar 8, 2019

I literally made an account just to say thanks! It's all the way in 2019 now and this post is old, but this just happened to me and I truly thought since i heard an ambulance and music but no voice, that my settings should be fine. But sure enough I was for some reason on 7 uncompressed. Derp! THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.