hyper x cloud 2 not working

caremal5

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Hi, I've recently been using my hyper x cloud 2 headphones with my pc and just had them plugged into a regular headphone port as I had no need for the mic and the wire is a little too long unless I'm gaming. Anyway's I went to plug them into a usb port but soon found out that there was no sound. I have an asus p8z77-v lx, I've tried every single usb port but have had no luck in getting them to work, has anyone else had a similar issue or knows how I could fix this please?

elneelo

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015

Really? That's not how mine work :)

caremal5

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

Well the mic plugs into the left headphone and the headphone jack goes into the mic and headphone volume control. I can't plug the mic into a jack on my pc as it wouldn't reach. I need a proper solution if you have one please.

elneelo

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015

Ah I see what you're doing. It works with no usb port? You have tried on both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 ? If it is a new item, you may have to return it I'm afraid. Genuinely unsure of what is wrong here.

caremal5

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
they worked previously, I remember vaguely having to do something with the sound mixer but not a clue what, and no they don't work with any usb port, the light on the controller comes on when plugged into a 3.0 but not a 2.0

elneelo

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
Ok, well there are no drivers to install for Hyper X cloud 2 (as far as I am aware), so I'm really not sure what's going on to be honest. I would recommend to take the safe option and RMA them. Test the replacement, and if you are still experiencing problems it is possibly a motherboard problem.

Ultima_1

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
I had the same, issue, i am running widows 8.1, i had to go into sounds from the control panel and select my HyperX as the default device as windows only saw it as a mic and not a headset, so the speakers were still set as default. it worked instantly, hope this helps

CSGOgamerBanana

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

yes, i have, and im so angry abaout it, i dont understand... D:

CSGOgamerBanana

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

i dont know how to fix it but i have the same issue.... im so pissed about it and dont know waht to do D:

Hydrocop

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
Trying to fix this issue as we speak and came across this.

If I plug the USB hub into 2.0 it lights up but the 7.1 button does not light up or switch on and off. In 2.0 its not recognised on my sound control or my device manager.

If I plug into a USB 3.0 it lights up again, the 7.1 button works as normal. Its recognised in my device manager as unknown usb device (device descriptor failed ).

I have uninstalled all my USB drivers, reset the computer and reinstalled them with the same problem.

f0cus_m

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Ur all a bunch of noobbs, u need to go control panel, hardware and sound, manage device, and click on ur headphones and click set as default and it will work 100%. Ur welcome.

kpikid

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I just bought the Cloud2 and had the same no mic issue with Windows 10.

It is a pain and for 100 bucks well...anyway you have to click on disable and then enable in the recording properties to get the mic recognized. It is not a noob issue it is another windows x feature. Don't blame the user, blame MS.