HyperX Cloud 2 headset problem. Constant static and weird pop sounds randomly.

Silakoitsia

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
Okay so i just bought HyperX Cloud 2 headsets and the moment i plugged it into my computer i noticed the static. The static gets worse(louder) when any audio is being played.

Those weird popping/crackling sounds happen only when audio is played and the volume doesn't seem to have an effect on the volume of the crackle nor the amount of the crackles.

I've seen other threads that seem to have similar problems and state that it's solved but i didn't find anything there that would've solved my problem.

I've tried:
- Updating sound drivers but they seemed to be all up to date.
- Tried the headsets on another computer but i still got the static.
- Downloaded other software that might have helped but didn't (Razer Surround Pro)
- Tried plugging in multiple USB ports but it made no noticeable difference.
- Tried to use without drivers but it didn't make a noticeable difference.

Jul 30, 2015

Just found that if I'm plugged in with both the audio and mic input without the mic plugged in, I get the weird crackling noise, however, If I don't have the mic plugged in and JUSRT the audio input in, I don't get the noises. Furthermore, if I have both audio and the mic input in, with the mic plugged in, I do not get the noises either.

djinpebo

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015
Just found that if I'm plugged in with both the audio and mic input without the mic plugged in, I get the weird crackling noise..
9oF4s9

salmonlad

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

thank's that worked i thought i was going to have to send them back for a second their

DeathSwagga

Commendable
May 2, 2016

How do you change it to be plugged in with audio only then?(without mic)