HyperX Cloud 2 - Weird problem with mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerion57

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
My headset's mic, which I've had no problems with in the past suddenly stopped working properly on one of my 2 pc's. On my laptop everything seems fine when speaking over Discord, but when i plug it in my desktop I cant seem to get the mic working.
I've installed new firmware and drivers without any luck, and honestly have no clue what to try next.

Solution
Hi, yea. But i figured it out anyways. It was because Microsoft newest Windows 10 update changed my pc's rights to use my mic. I had to manually make an exception for certain apps. For anyone else who might have this problem, go to "Settings > Privacy > Microphone" and read from there.

Emerion57

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
Hi, yea. But i figured it out anyways. It was because Microsoft newest Windows 10 update changed my pc's rights to use my mic. I had to manually make an exception for certain apps. For anyone else who might have this problem, go to "Settings > Privacy > Microphone" and read from there.

Solution
Jul 15, 2018

I had the exact same issue last night after a windows update. Ive gone into Settings > Privacy > Microphone but am unsure what to change. Any tips?

Reactions: silverwolfen
Status
Not open for further replies.