Steverism

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hi, recently my 5th pair of Logitech G930's has broken, I kept getting them because I couldn't find another headset that had 7.1 Virtual Surround (For music), and a quickswitch to stereo mode for CS:GO. But due to it's crappy design using sand-pale level plastic, I'm done with those.

I've made it down to the HyperX Cloud I and Cloud II, from what I can tell they are essentially the same exact headset besides the fact that the Cloud II has an onboard soundcard that supports 7.1.

What would be a selling point? If I can switch between Stereo mode and Surround or if it's only surround.

As for the Cloud I's, I'm like 99.9% positive my motherboard (TA-970XE from BIOSTAR) has an onboard RealTek soundcard.

So pretty much a small TL;DR,

I listen to music with 7.1, and game with Stereo and not 7.1.

If the Cloud II's are ONLY SURROUND SOUND, I will not get them and get the Cloud I.

Cheers.

Solution
yes. you can pick whether they will be stereo or 7.1 virtual. that is the case with any such headset or headphone.

both are almost the same thing but one has a usb soundcard included. you could do the same thing with the first version if your motherboard had virtual surround software or by using the free to download razer virtual surround software.

that is quite odd that you listen to music in 7.1 but game in stereo. that is opposite most people.

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Both are Stereo and not Surround Sound. Its fake 7.1! Basically a EQ to get you the effect of sounds behind you. So if you want real 7.1 neither would give you want you want.

Honestly I just leave it in stereo mode because the 7.1 sounds like crap when its fake.

Besides that I love my Cloud 2. Been using them since Launch in Feb last year.

Steverism

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

Well, that's what I meant. :p I've been using virtual surround for music ever since I first got the first pair of G930's in 2012 and loved it. I just want to know if you can switch between stereo and virtual surround sound with the Cloud II's.

yes. you can pick whether they will be stereo or 7.1 virtual. that is the case with any such headset or headphone.

both are almost the same thing but one has a usb soundcard included. you could do the same thing with the first version if your motherboard had virtual surround software or by using the free to download razer virtual surround software.

that is quite odd that you listen to music in 7.1 but game in stereo. that is opposite most people.

Solution