HyperX Cloud I vs Logitech G430

Zatlon

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014
I dont know which one to pick they are both the same price (Cloud 1 not 2), only difference is the surround sound, however keep in mind i will be pairing it with Creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty champion sound card, so the surround sound will be on both of them ?

Solution
The Logitech Headset is USB driven which means that all the audio processing will take place at the USB port meaning your investment in a soundcard is moot and more of a waste of your hard earned money. The HyperX(Cloud I) on the other hand is connected to your soundcard using 3.5mm audio jacks which means you will be able to take advantage of your soundcard's features which is where my money would rest though please do note that in spite of connecting to a sound card with a 3.5mm audio connector and only having two physical drivers in your headset the only way you can achieve surround sound is by virtual stereo up mixing which means you don't have true surround at your disposal when on your headset. If you were to use a Razer Tiamat...

Lutfij

Splendid
The Logitech Headset is USB driven which means that all the audio processing will take place at the USB port meaning your investment in a soundcard is moot and more of a waste of your hard earned money. The HyperX(Cloud I) on the other hand is connected to your soundcard using 3.5mm audio jacks which means you will be able to take advantage of your soundcard's features which is where my money would rest though please do note that in spite of connecting to a sound card with a 3.5mm audio connector and only having two physical drivers in your headset the only way you can achieve surround sound is by virtual stereo up mixing which means you don't have true surround at your disposal when on your headset. If you were to use a Razer Tiamat however, now, that is a different story altogether.

Case in point, pick the HyperX before buying your soundcard to see if the onbaord audio isn't on par to you listening expectations.

Solution