HyperX Cloud II Microphone Volume Nonadjustable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiiro

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
I recently got a Hyperx Cloud II, and I find that the microphone is a bit quiet unless it is right in front of my mouth, but than it picks up all my breathing. I've maxed the volume on the external volume control, and on whichever program it is that requires me to speak.

I look in my Playback settings and noticed that the microphone volume for the headset is set to 0, and I am unable to move it.

YjMFhMt.png

Does anyone know why i'm unable to adjust the volume?

I'm on Windows 7.

jkw512

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
I also have this issue of the volume not being adjustable in windows. the mic volume is all the way up on the usb device and people still complain about the mic volume being low. Is there any software available to download to fix this issue?

butter side up

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
i fixed the problem when using the mic with skype. for me i had to update a driver for my amd high definition audio device. go to device manager and check for a driver update for your sound. i then restarted my pc and the mic volume went up and my friends can now hear my voice. hopes this helps for anyone who still needs it.

Griffin761

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015

I updated everything but still no fix.

spidif

Estimable
Oct 17, 2015
From what I understand the reason you can't adjust the mic volume in windows is because the Cloud II uses a USB sound card. The sound card locks the windows volume and lets you adjust the mic via the USB dongle.

You can typically adjust the volume of the mic in specific communication software like skype or TS3 but it will be specific to that application.

If you want to bypass the USB sound card dongle you can get a 3.5mm female TRRS (4 pin) to 3.5mm male Stereo and mic Y splitter and hook that up to your sound card. You will loose the emulated surround sound feature of the USB dongle but regain control of the mic and boost levels via windows volume control. Just be aware that there are two pin outs for those TRRS and only one will work. Kingston may be able to get you an adapter for free or cheap if you contact their customer service.

MicIdiot

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
i suspect you are in the same situation that i was a mere 10 or so seconds ago. If you are connected to the audio control box (the one with mic and sound value controls), check the side of the box. There's a switch to mute the mic. I feel like an idiot

Basoora

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
***SOLUTION FOR LOW MIC VOLUME***

The mic is one directional (meaning there is only one correct way to aim at your mouth.) You can feel it and adjust it thru the cover.

Have fun!!!

John_269

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016

We are both idiots then. Had you not posted this, I'd still be looking for an answer. Thanks!

Kavko

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

Have you found the solution

Scott_9090

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
If you are connecting with the USB sound card provided you cannot change the mic volume in your windows settings. You have to do it on the USB control box itself.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any visual indication where the volume currently sits, and even more annoyingly the volume does seem to reset itself randomly. I only know this due to the fact that my friends regularly tell me on TS3 that my mic has gone quiet.I then have to sit there and hammer away at the vol up button repeating 'is that better' until it I get a resounding yes from my buddies.
Really huge oversight of Kingston to release a USB headset without any software to configure volume settings such as this.

If you want more control over your settings you will have to bypass the sound card with a 3.5mm splitter and use your on-board card. Then adjust your settings accordingly in windows audio manager.

Arkterus

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Not sure if this covers everyones issue, but this worked for me. I appeared to the exact same issue, with no option to adjust mic volume via windows or another other software.

I simply used the supplied remote that comes as part of the USB sound card. There is a mic volume control on it (not the mute switch) I held down on the volume up and it increase the volume (totally indpendant of any indication in windows). There were no prompts when I did this so it's easy to overlook. Just test in software like Team Speak where you can hear the output of the mic till it get to a good level.

Status
Not open for further replies.