I’m all for transparent tech, but Nothing Phone (2)’s USB-C cable is a step too far

Joker27th

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2016
There's a very good practical reason to have a see-through cable. Don't believe me? Okay, Here why don't you use this cable to plug in your phone or your laptop? I promise it's just an ordinary cable. After all it LOOKS exactly like that from the outside.
View: https://youtu.be/mPF9f-PLDPc

I would hope that you correct this article as devices like the OMG cable are only going to become more prevalent It's important for company's and end users to begin to be aware of these threats.

The truth is there is a very practical reason to have a transparent USB-C cable. As ugly or cool as they may look.

Tom Pritchard

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
What's to gain from a transparent cable?..........*NOTHING* It's ingenious!

giphy.gif

Sep 27, 2022
Not much of a fan now but this brings back so many memories. I loved my transparent purple Gameboy Color and my transparent PlayStation controllers back in the day!

Jun 22, 2023
Transparent hype achieved more stupidity every day, LEDs over some vent fans just to see them better while gaming in the night yeah pretty good idea, now transparent cables, pretty soon will see invisible cables to support this useless stupidity...

Jan 16, 2023
It must be a really slow tech news/info day if this is what gets published as news or editorial content. Seriously, there was nothing better for him to write about then whining about a company's USB-C cables? Tom's has really hit rock bottom now.

Jan 16, 2023
is an Opinion piece. it is right on the page.
And there was nothing else of greater interest than whining about transparent cables? I'm being totally serious here. This guy spent a good amount of time whining about transparent cables. I mean if that's the least of his concerns in the tech world then he's really out of the loop on what else is happening out here in the real world.