I a problem with my pc interfering with some of my tv channels - only when powered up and close to tv

brenmei

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I have a problem with my pc interfering with some of my tv channels. When I physically move the pc more than 6 meters away from the tv, all works properly. If the pc is plugged in but not powered up, it can be right next to the tv with zero interference.

The interference only applies when the pc is powered up and within 6 meters of the tv.

Per other google responses, I have tried disconnecting all the internal components one by one and powering the pc up, but as soon as that power button gets touched, the problem starts. I suspect it may be the power supply but don't want to shell out good money for nothing until I am sure this will fix it.

Appreciate the assistance.

Solution
Hi
Almost certainly the power supply.
Is the PC grounded it needs to be for effective EMI suppression.
Does the PC have a window ,if so try turning it round or put it on the other side of the TV.
Try a different power cable to the PC and try plugging it into a different wall outlet,faulty suppression circuitry in the power supply may be injecting interference into the mains power and this is being broadcast by the cable acting as an antenna.

revolution2718

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
I would suspect it is either the power supple or the hard drives. It could also be interfering with a cable or something leading to the TV if the PC is put on top of that. I don't know of anything you can do besides keep it away from the TV.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Almost certainly the power supply.
Is the PC grounded it needs to be for effective EMI suppression.
Does the PC have a window ,if so try turning it round or put it on the other side of the TV.
Try a different power cable to the PC and try plugging it into a different wall outlet,faulty suppression circuitry in the power supply may be injecting interference into the mains power and this is being broadcast by the cable acting as an antenna.

Solution