Solved! I accidentally pressed volume up and power on my new Samsung Tab.

Jan 16, 2019
I wanted a hard reset as I forgot my pin. Now it says its downloading software and says...do not turn off target. What's this now?

Saga Lout

Olde English
A Factory Reset would be Power and Volume Down. VolumeUp is only for Recovery mode.

Either way, I'm not certain that it will overarch the requirement of a PIN. Security measures usually escape a reset. I reset an Android phone yesterday and it came back already rooted so factory resets aren't exactly what they say they are..

Saga Lout

Olde English
A Factory Reset would be Power and Volume Down. VolumeUp is only for Recovery mode.

Either way, I'm not certain that it will overarch the requirement of a PIN. Security measures usually escape a reset. I reset an Android phone yesterday and it came back already rooted so factory resets aren't exactly what they say they are..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Android Tablets 5
R Android Tablets 1
I Android Tablets 3
A Android Tablets 1
F Android Tablets 1
L Android Tablets 1
L Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 1
D Android Tablets 1
Z Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 4
Y Android Tablets 1
R Android Tablets 4
K Android Tablets 4
D Android Tablets 2
M Android Tablets 3
C Android Tablets 8
H Android Tablets 1
I Android Tablets 2
Similar threads
Question Why after pressing power button or home button screen get black?!
When I press the volume up or down on side of my Lenovo tablet a menu comes on
When i pressed the power key in lenevo tab 4 8 plus the screen turns on and it only shows the lenevo logo
Press one key and it shows up 3 times
A message popped up on my tablet and even though I press ok button , it won’t go off the screen
My Galaxy 4 tan starts and goes to the icon display page and when I press on an icon, like google, messenger, etc or won't go
My tablet is has freezed for along time and whenever i press on it it doesnt respong i cant even press the password
My telefunken tablet seems to be zoomed and when pressing on the screen i tap on something that i didnt want. How do i solve t
will it ruin a RCA tablet if I accidentally run a USB cable from the micro USB port on tablet to a home wall plug in ? it was
Help, I accidentally let my tablet fall but not too high just on my knees. That moment happened when my tablet was charging. I
I accidentally deleted my photos how do I retrieve them
i accidentally deleted sim management from my tablet how do i fix it
Accidentally lost photos on Asus
Help with an accidental delete?
I accidentally deleted the connection to Facebook. Now it will not let me back in, even following the instructions i
I accidentally deleted my photos and videos from gallery how do i retrieve them
accidentally deleted images
Where do I reset my Android tablet's dictionary or remove accidentally-added words from it?
Retrieve files and pictures nook tablet after accidental factory reset.
How do I get back all ( unsaved) apps and data after accidental factory reset of my D2-912 tablet?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS