I accidentally ran a virus exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwat12

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
As I said I accidentally ran a virus exe.After that I deleted everything about it with ESET Antivirus then I scanned my pc and no threats.(I am really scared now).after doing these I learned that that virus was a trojan.I checked ESET quarantine I saw an other trojan from my usb stick long time ago but nothing happened.

mdd1963

Distinguished
not enough info to remotely guess what was run, and what effects, if any, could have been residual...

If you do banking on your computer, one could make a case for erring on the side of caution, but, you might not like what all it could entail...

fwat12

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
I got it from a website which was just including a test and according to chrome it was safe.I solved the test and i had to download a program.Actually I have seen something like this before but yesterday I fell into this trap.Virus exe was in a .rar.I tried to run the exe in rar file but extraction failed.Eset notification said that it was deleted.After that I scanned my pc many times and eset found a threat but eset did not delete I deleted it myself then I tried to find everyhing about it in my pc and deleted an empty folder about it.

SumTingW0ng

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

Can you upload that application to Virustotal.com site to give us the result of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.