I also installed a generic Battery in my Dell 1525.

TC120

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014
The old battery was no longer charging. It slowly died. When I install the new battery it is not found. In bios set up and with the laptop monitor it says "no Battery installed". Reinstalled the old battery and it is recognized but wont charge. I uninstalled the battery monitor program and even though the laptop does not see the battery, it will run on it, drain it and recharge it.

I have discovered that it looks like dell ads a chip or something to their battery to make it recognized and monitor it.

Does any one have a patch or something that will allow the new battery to be recognized?

Flashing the bios does not fix it.

Solution

UPDATE...

Found the problem. As the seller would not take a return I decided to open up the new battery. The connectors had backed out of the holder. I reinstalled them and supported them with a hard rubber backing. Reinstalled the new battery and it is working perfectly.

TC120

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014

UPDATE...

Found the problem. As the seller would not take a return I decided to open up the new battery. The connectors had backed out of the holder. I reinstalled them and supported them with a hard rubber backing. Reinstalled the new battery and it is working perfectly.

Solution