I am getting the 601 error after replacing the battery. I can't get to windows or anything else.

Jul 26, 2018
I have an HP and got the 601 internal battery error. So I replaced the battery. And I am still getting the battery error. It only goes to the start menu but I can't get windows to open. I did go in to check time/date in the system and that is correct. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Penny

Jul 26, 2018

Jul 26, 2018
It comes up when I first turn the laptop on. From the screen shot it says it is the primary internal battery. Windows will not even load.

jay32267

Respectable
Mar 16, 2017
I'm thinking "primary internal battery" means it's referring to the laptop battery.

I think if it was referring to the CMOS battery that it would not be worded in that way.

Also, I've never heard of a CMOS battery referred to as a "primary internal battery".

Also, I understand why they would call the laptop battery the "primary" battery as it is the MAIN battery as opposed to the CMOS battery.

Also, the fact that your clock is holding tells me that your CMOS battery is up to snuff, which it should be as you just changed it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hmdn Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
Aghil Laptop Tech Support 1
Akshathere2022 Laptop Tech Support 2
K-kurt Laptop Tech Support 0
Q Laptop Tech Support 5
Liam Burroughs Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2