I am not picking up any signal in my flat. We have just bought a philips 4k ultra hd tv and no signal though my set top box wh

Kate_10

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I am not picking up a TV signal in my flat. We have just bought a philips 4k 49 inch ultra hd tv and there is no signal not ether from my free sat box there is also no start pont on TV and we tried hdmi and still no joy we have change the input and resolution no signal . My Arial is a coaxial the screw on tipe

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014

You don't need a set-top converter box with your "ultra-HD TV, as it already has the tuner for digital television built in (unless you want to receive unscrambled cable.) A good antenna, with the option for amplification, should do you just fine. BTW, all "aerials" connect coaxially, but they use different form factors. Some use classic "rabbit ears," while others can look like sheets of paper clipped to a cord. Still others may be vertical columns. Sometimes you have to experiment to find one that works best for your area. Also, one that will hold up to an occasional throw across the room :-D