I am unable to reinstall os (that was preinstalled and i have created backup of that in 32 gb pendrive) from my pendrive

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
I have lenovo ip310 and my hdd has been replaced and i have taken my os( windows 10 ,64) backup in 32gb pendrive but when i tried to install it after 3.5h it was failed showing that "there was some problem to recover this pc"
Please help me to fixed it sir, please anyone help me
Here what i did
1:- power on and f12+fn
2:- at boot manager usb pendrive selected
3:-Then language and keyboard pattern
4:- then got two options " trlubleshoot" and "turn off pc" TROUBLESHOOT one selected
5:- got two options "recover from drive" and " advance options" RECOVER FROM DRIVE SELECTED
6:-Got two "fully clean your pc" and "just remove my files" FULLY CLEAN MY PC SELECTED
THEN PROCESS STARTED AND AFTER 3.5H OR 4H THE PROCESS WAS FAILED SHOWING " THERE WAS SOME PROBLEM TO RECOVER THIS PC"

PLEASE HELP ME SIR

Solution

A "CD" is 700MB.
A DVD is 4.7GB.

You need a DVD, or a blank USB pendrive of more than 5GB.

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017

But how can i install it?
My hdd has been replaced an new hdd is blank, so how can i connect to internet?
Please help me sir

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
But that need key and i dont know the key and when i asked to customer care they are not providing any product key.
So what can i do sir?
Please give me a solution so i can get my product key.

USAFRet

Illustrious

For a reinstall of Win 10 on that same hardware, you will not need your license key.
When it asks, click the "Skip" button

USAFRet

Illustrious

You download the MediaCreation Tool
Then you run that, and use it to create the USB or DVD installer.
NOTE: Whatever is on that USB stick WILL be wiped out, gone forever. There is no recovery.

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
I have blank cd of 4gb in size .
Can i complete this process by this 4gb cd?
But i am confusing about that, the os is of 10gb(as i saw in my backup pendrive) then how can i do that?

USAFRet

Illustrious

The backup thing you created is different than the bare install you are making with the MediaCreation tool.

And you don't have a "4GB CD", you have a "4.7GB DVD".
They look the same, but they are different.