I bought a Killer Notebook - Listen up.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MRuckus

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Guess someday when I have 3500 dollars to burn I'll look at KN, but for now have to look at some cheaper laptops.

JasumX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
I configured my executioner for just a tad over 3000 (with the custom gaming skin). I don't see why 3500 is necessary since it states on the website that the t7600 isn't really necessary since the t7400 easily overclocks to t7600 speeds. Plus with the extra cooling mark can put on the CPU (at no extra cost, all you have to do is let him know you plan on overclocking) I have no fear of heat issues at those speeds. Your choice though. Also, just for the record, Dell and Alienware are the same thing now.

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
The big retailers always get you in the wallet with addons and warranty. If you really need top notch "specs" but can't pay you're stuck with either finding coupons and rebates to buy from Dell Gateway etc, or buying a notebook with less than amazing quality like Acer. Custom is really the way to go if you can, but min/maxing cost/performance is only going to lead you in the other direction. The reason has nothing to do with Custom retailers stealing your money...they simply don't cut corners on things like service,help,quality parts like ram and Hard Drives, build quality etc. If that's important to you, you'll go custom. If you want a 'flimsy toaster".. you'll buy Acer.. If you want a "bumper car" you buy Dell. I think the choice is clear

Suzy

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003
hi,
very, very cool!

hope my kids don't see that! :) oh, heck, i want one on mine!! that is when i get it.
suzy