i can not find my camera any where on my laptop acer aspire V3-551-8442? Help plz

Brittany_052490

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
I just got my acer aspire laptop V3-551-8442..... I need help ASAP please I have searched this whole entire computer for the camera & can not find it any where, also i went to control panel & it says hd webcam driver up to date & currently working properly but clearly it is not, maybe it got deleted some how i dont know but please help me ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Brittany

Solution
Hi,

Normally Acer laptops uses Crystal Eye for their webcam. Try doing a search for Crystal Eye in the search field of Windows 8 and see if you'll get any result. If it will not give you anything, do try to download and install the Camera Software.

Here's the link for the Camera Software of your laptop:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Camera/Camera_Acer_2.0.1005.22012_W8x64_A.zip?acerid=634982520393864674&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V3-551&OS=8P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect then test it again.
Hi,

Normally Acer laptops uses Crystal Eye for their webcam. Try doing a search for Crystal Eye in the search field of Windows 8 and see if you'll get any result. If it will not give you anything, do try to download and install the Camera Software.

Here's the link for the Camera Software of your laptop:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Camera/Camera_Acer_2.0.1005.22012_W8x64_A.zip?acerid=634982520393864674&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V3-551&OS=8P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect then test it again.

Solution

Brittany_052490

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
this specific laptop is not windows 8 it is windows 7 please helpppppp it does have a camera it even says its working properly but it is not by that i mean i have searched this laptop & can not find camera icon camera to click on to even open it up, it also says This device is working properly. & under general, driver, details tabs it has update driver software, then i clicked that & it gives two choices one is search computer automatically for camera driver, & other option is manually select , i clicked automatic so that it automatically searches for any and all updates.... earlier when i did this it came back & said camera working properly & up to date but clearly my camera isnt working for some weird reason

Brittany_052490

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
ok so i just click on update driver software again, it came back & said the best driver software for your device is already installed windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date USB video Device

Brittany_052490

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
BTW i was not able to find camera anywhere on my laptop, & then i tried updates, i thought i'd mention that, so you would know i did not try to mess w/ things until after i couldnt find camera :(