I cannot boot into windows

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
I cannot boot windows 7. It gives me an error and when I go into the system restore it cannot fix it. When you go into the prompt to choose which install to fix it just isn't there.

I am using the windows install disk to get into the prompts and doing the master boot file fix doesn't do anything and if I do a checkdisk on D it also doesn't find anything.

However if I click to search drivers I can see the folders on my HDD. It's a relatively new SSD and surely it cannot have failed?

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
I cannot because in the first bit there it shows a windows 7 install in the list. I haven't got that in there. It is just blank. And errors pop up while I am there too

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

I attempted to install on my other HDD and got the same popups during the installation, that the boot file isn't there. There are about eight seperate popups about it

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

You mean originally? I haven't reformatted and reinstalled since this happened.

If you do mean originally then no, it wasn't.

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

Ah sorry I misunderstood. Yes, it was.

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

I have reformatted and am still getting the popup "the file or directory c:\boot is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility". I don't even have a c drive!

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

Open windows. That is it. There's no backstory beyond that!

I have done all the troubleshooting mentioned on this site for the issue and am now trying a fresh install

Taear

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

It was off. I turned it on and it didn't work. No warning, nothing beforehand to say a problem was developing, just that windows cannot boot.

Tried repairing, command like master reboot file remake and etc etc. Still the same message.

Tried a reinstall after a reformat, still the message. But it says it's on the C drive when all I have is D and F!