I cannot remove Express find ads

cxco2r

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014
So recently i haven't downloaded anything but today express find ads started showing up on my google chrome. This is followed by tons of popups and it's really annoying. All tutorials say to delete it in the control panel. So i did that and it is deleted but the ads are still showing up. Then i installed spyhunter 4 and it found adwares and stuff, it removed them but express find ads still pop up. I also deleted the express find folder and in the chrome extensions nothing but my usual extensions are there. I really need help this is driving me crazy

cxco2r

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014

trying it right now, will post what happens

UPDATE: Malwarebytes did not find anything

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hi,

Boot in safemode with networking and goto bleepingcomputer.com
download and run

rkill ==> JRT ==> Roguekiller ==> adwcleaner ==> then reboot.

then run malwarebytes

if the problem persist and you have windows 7 or under, run a combofix as administrator

cxco2r

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014

So after doing all that malwarebytes found some stuff from express find. It removed them but the ads still show up.

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
If that Bleeping suggestion didn't work and you can't manually find it, then its time to nuke your computer (OS reinstall).

You can try running regedit by typing it on the search bar on your start menu and go to edit, click find and type your adware name "express find" and delete all the entries that you find. Beware the registry is very sensitive you create a system restore before deleting stuff in the registry just incase. Instruction for creating a system restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/create-a-restore-point