I can't access to Windows.Just Dell logo appears and reboots...this process keeps happening..

Krnikhil

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
While starting my Dell inspiron 1545 .just the Dell logo comes and there after completing the blue bar a blank page comes and reboots itself..and process keeps on going. No Windows .no errors.no beeping sound.nothing

jackzzz

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015

No answer, but I have a similar problem with a Dell M6400 I just got. No HD or Windows. But on Power-Up I only get the Dell Logo splash screen and progress bar that loads to 98% and then keeps re-trying...again...and again.

The two likely scenarios that I can think of are:

#1 - Windows is corrupted somehow. You need repair Windows. If the laptop shipped with the Windows 7 installation DVD then use that to attempt a repair; it may not be possible. If it did not ship with a DVD, then the hard drive may contain an image or Windows 7 in a hidden partition on the hard drive (a very common practice). Refer to your manual on how to reinstall Windows.

#2 - The hard drive has failed and need to be replaced. If you do not have the Windows 7 install DVD or Windows 7 is in the hidden partition of the failed hard drive, then you need need to purchase a new hard drive and buy Window 7.

If the Windows 7 product key is legible on the underside of the laptop, then you can use it to download a copy of Windows 7, burn it to a DVD and use that to install the OS.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

In your situation the only thing I can think of is the BIOS is corrupted. You can try to remove the CMOS battery to clear the BIOS settings. It probably will not work, but worth a try. Otherwise the BIOS chip itself needs to be replaced and you would need to go through Dell to do that assuming they have it stock for such an old laptop.

jackzzz

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015

Thanks Jaguarskx---Probably hopeless.

jackzzz

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
Thanks yimmi, Buy no HD and no OS.

Later today I'll check the memory, loose connections, and remove the CMOS for a minute and see if that does any good. No rush or pressure on my end. Start with the simple stuff first. Already tried the 30 second power button variations without any AC or battery. No luck.

I wasn't really thrilled with the packing job which could have been rough. My worst case scenario is the Bios chip. But I'm feeling lucky....:)