i can't find Universal Serial Bus controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2018
i have a problem with my head set (razer kraken 7.1 v2). they stop working for second and than start working. i found answer but i can't find Universal Serial Bus controllers.

They're usually the last half dozen or so entries in Control Panel>Device Manager.

If you're using Windows 10, to find Control Panel you need to press the Windows key and R together then in the Run box, type
control
and hit Enter. If you need to go there often, it's best to create a Desktop shortcut.

If they don;'t show, they don't exist and that points to a motherboard issue. If any other USB device doesn't work it could be a bog problem.

Is it a PC or a laptop? If a PC, does anything work in the front ports that wont work in the back?

If a laptop with USB ports on either side, try the same experiment.

Oct 28, 2018
it is a PC and everything works, but sometimes my haedset just stop working for a second and then just start working again. i found that i should turn off the battery saver so PC can't turn off my haedset in Universal Serial Bus controllers. maybe if you know there is other way to do that ?

I don;t get the point. If the headset is in use, so must be the sound system and that shouldn't allow the system to sleep. The simplest option is to extend the time before the sleep cuts in.

Whoever told you it was in USB Controllers was mistaken but if you plug the headset in and go into Control Panel>Device Manager, and find the headset in the list. Right click it, go into Properties and see if there's a tab named Power Management, tell it not to allow the device to be turned off to save power.

If that doesn't do it for you, try Control Panel>Sound and see if that has that facility to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.