I can't hear audio from my earbuds or USB heaphones on my laptop, it used to work.

Maroon

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
Hello community. I've finally come here after many unsuccessful attempts to get an answer.

My computer is an MSI GT72 6QD Dominator G. I no longer can hear audio from my 3.5mm jack earbuds when I plug them into the computer. It worked perfectly fine every day for a month before this. A few days later, my USB wireless headphones are having the same issue.

The mic still works on both of them. I purchased a splitter for the earbuds by direction of technical support at msi. It made the earbud inline mic usable but I still am not hearing anything from them.

When I open volume mixer, and check 'playback devices', the earbuds/heaphones (whatever one I'm using at the time) are set as default. In 'playback devices', I do see the green bars moving up and down whenever I click 'Test', try to play a video online, or try listening to music, but no sounds come through.

I tested all pairs of headphones/earbuds on my phone and they worked.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Maroon

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

Yes. The green bars fluctuate whenever something with sound is being playing and nothing is muted.

TRENDING THREADS