I can't read any disks PLEASE HELP

Xodom

Honorable
May 24, 2013
So I'm trying to install cyberlink powerdirector 12 on my PC through the install disk, but the problem is, even though my computer acknowledges that the disk is there, it refuses to read it. I click on dvd icon and it says it's blank.What can I do? Alos, I tried to open something in media player just now and I got this: "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card". I don't know what to do :/

Xodom

Honorable
May 24, 2013

The thing is, it's a new drive. I have two drives, one BD and one regular DVD, both new (from July) that I've only used a handful of times. They acknowledge that there is a disc there, they just can't play it/read it".

Xodom

Honorable
May 24, 2013
I tried it in the cd reader on my dad's pc, it works there. Also, I tried a few music cds and a few movies on the disk reader, every time it was able to correctly identify the type of disc (dvd, cd, bd) but was unable to play or read the disk.

Xodom

Honorable
May 24, 2013

The thing is, it's BOTH drives. Both of which I bought in July, from two different companies. I have a friend who's going to lend me a drive tomorrow to see if it's the computer (some random missing codec or something) or if it's the actual drives, which I think is highly unlikely. I'll let you know what happens