I can't start my asus laptop with the power cord plugged in . Yet when the laptop is turned off i can plug it in and it charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monells

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
I have a power problem with my asus laptop. I can charge my battery with the laptop turned off but cannot plug my power in when the laptop is going. It amediately shuts down so can only use my battery life .

Solution
Sounds like there's a short in the power jack circuit that connects the charging cable to the motherboard. I'd find and replace the internal power jack. You can however try removing both the battery and the cable, pressing the power button for sixty seconds and then put them back and try it again. Sometimes the reset helps, sometimes, as in the case of a failed motherboard or power jack, it doesn't. Are there any unusual led codes on the laptop or the charging cable transformer?
Sounds like there's a short in the power jack circuit that connects the charging cable to the motherboard. I'd find and replace the internal power jack. You can however try removing both the battery and the cable, pressing the power button for sixty seconds and then put them back and try it again. Sometimes the reset helps, sometimes, as in the case of a failed motherboard or power jack, it doesn't. Are there any unusual led codes on the laptop or the charging cable transformer?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.