I can't watch local channels after buying a Samsung TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Please help me, I am desperate.
I just want to find SOURCE so I can change to TV and watch my local channels.
Samsung says I only have one channel when I have a $700 rooftop antenna that gives me all the local channels.
I removed the TV app from the list but I cannot change input...

thanks in advance,
Cheryl who is desperate lol

Solution
It's possible that the Samsung TV is choosing to not automatically add a channel based on a weak signal strength from the antenna. This isn't a failing of the antenna insomuch as the Samsung setting a higher qualification for what constitutes a channel based on how well the signal is received.

If you can add the channel manually as a favorite, at least that would provide a manual means to complete your list.

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
Has this antenna worked previously with another TV? Do you have a separate decoder box that your antenna connects to, then you connect the decoder box to the TV? Or, is the antenna connecting to your TV via a standard coax type threaded connection that you screw on?

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I did find Broadcasting menu and under that is Auto Program which does a scan and finds one channel ...so thanks but how do I fix that..I have 5 channels not just one. It's a Samsung 6300 series. :(

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Also there are other channels in the channel guide but it bypasses them all. Edited to add: I removed the Roku and my daughter's nintendo switch and now I can scroll through the channel guide. But I am missing major channels , cbs and nbc.

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Looks like you go to broadcast section then expert settings and manually scan on a station you know is there.

Also, double check to make sure your model only has one coax in, not one for cable and one for antenna.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
All the channels are listed in the guide now but CBS and NBC say I have no signal when I press on the channel guide program it is showing.
There is no "Expert Settings" under broadcasting only in audio.
There's only one coax in.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
The issue is sometimes the scan picks up the channels and sometimes it doesn't. Even if it picks them up, when I select them it says they are not there although it found them.

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
It's possible that the Samsung TV is choosing to not automatically add a channel based on a weak signal strength from the antenna. This isn't a failing of the antenna insomuch as the Samsung setting a higher qualification for what constitutes a channel based on how well the signal is received.

If you can add the channel manually as a favorite, at least that would provide a manual means to complete your list.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.