I can't watch local channels after buying a Samsung TV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Please help me, I am desperate.
I just want to find SOURCE so I can change to TV and watch my local channels.
Samsung says I only have one channel when I have a $700 rooftop antenna that gives me all the local channels.
I removed the TV app from the list but I cannot change input...

thanks in advance,
Cheryl who is desperate lol

Solution
It's possible that the Samsung TV is choosing to not automatically add a channel based on a weak signal strength from the antenna. This isn't a failing of the antenna insomuch as the Samsung setting a higher qualification for what constitutes a channel based on how well the signal is received.

If you can add the channel manually as a favorite, at least that would provide a manual means to complete your list.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I removed the Live Tv app and can't find it now....still trying to do that. But the other tv picked up the channels fine. Samsung has my city as being 100 miles away from me. I feel that is the issue. But yeah it had my channels listed in the guide once but then said there was no signal. I was watching them fine with the other tv...A lot of Samsung's menus grey out depending on what screen you are on...btw. So if you have the channel guide up, broadcasting will be greyed out. And they don't give you a manual...you only have the emanual which sucks. Edited to add before I rush off to work: I did this morning get Samsung to see the correct city. Sad you can only change that doing a reset.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Ok I did reset the tv and got the Live TV app back. I will be calling Samsung. I have figured out how to pause wireless to the tv to see if that will help but right now we are having bad storms and that is going to affect my tv reception.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011

You can only add a channel as a favorite if it is in the channel guide. However you are right that Samsung is allowing only the strongest signals...although on a sunny day the channels are perfect for me. So I am not happy that perfectly good channels are eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.