I currently have he ATH-M30x by audio technica looking to upgrade.

BackFireStudio

Estimable
May 16, 2015
That is right, I am not a audiophile buff so when it comes to headphones I do not know much. I have a focusrite 2i2 and I make techno and metal along with gaming and I am looking to upgrade. For my budget dont worry about that (this doesn't mean send me a link to some $500 pair of cans) I just want some headphones with a quarter inch jack and that are among studio quality.With comfortably Any recommendations?

Also side question, how would I EQ my incoming sound with say like games, YouTube, etc.... preferably with software

Solution
you say to not worry about budget yet say $500 is too much. does this mean everything up to $499 is fine? you really need to be a bit more specific as to what you are looking to spend.

also, you will need to list your thoughts on if you absolutely need the 2i2 to be able to power them or if an amplifier is an option as some options may not be powered well from the 2i2.

you mention studio quality however that says nothing of what kind of sound you expect to hear out of the headphones nor if you need open vs closed cans. again, if you want any meaningful recommendations you need to be more specific as to your needs.

the scarlett plug in suite is meant to work with your focusrite 2i2 and it includes an eq. there are other options for...
you say to not worry about budget yet say $500 is too much. does this mean everything up to $499 is fine? you really need to be a bit more specific as to what you are looking to spend.

also, you will need to list your thoughts on if you absolutely need the 2i2 to be able to power them or if an amplifier is an option as some options may not be powered well from the 2i2.

you mention studio quality however that says nothing of what kind of sound you expect to hear out of the headphones nor if you need open vs closed cans. again, if you want any meaningful recommendations you need to be more specific as to your needs.

the scarlett plug in suite is meant to work with your focusrite 2i2 and it includes an eq. there are other options for eq but are add-ons by 3rd party groups for windows so may or may not work correctly.

if you want solutions tailored to you, i'd suggest getting a bit more specific in your needs.

Solution