Solved! I deleted regestry files

Dreggle

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
It was stuff for the windows store because i couldnt download forza motorsport 7 and wanted to fix it. wouldnt let me download it because i have an ssd with os and i wanted to put game on other hdd but the windows store wont let you without regestry edit. so i changed it and it wstill wouldnt work so i deleted it.

I dont have any back ups. Any way to get it back.

Cant run any windows store or windows apps

Solution

In the Settings for Storage, changing it did not work?
GDXXBay.png

And it's not MS's fault your drive is too small.

USAFRet

Illustrious

1. You did not delete registry "files".
You may have deleted some registry keys

2. Getting the game from any normal source would not have required any messing about in the Registry.

3. Of course, you didn't make a backup of the Registry before you did this, right?
Unless you know exactly what key value you changed in the Registry...it is gone.

Dreggle

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015

Is there a way where I dont lose all my stuff? Like installed games? I have 500 gb of games i dont want to redownload.

USAFRet

Illustrious

My sig pic was made especially for you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Dreggle

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015

ok

Dreggle

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015

so microsoft is retarded so you actually do have to change the registry to change the download location but then it wont download and just gives errors if you dont install the apps/games from the store to the same hdd as the OS which is a bunch of *. I didnt pay $60 just to not be able to download and install a game because microsoft cant have their install do basic things. my ssd is to small to download and them move the files over. also the game is over 100GBs so theres that too.

USAFRet

Illustrious

In the Settings for Storage, changing it did not work?
GDXXBay.png

And it's not MS's fault your drive is too small.

Solution